As seen in Issue 2 of Uncaged Book Reviews. To read an excerpt from Saddle Up and the Uncaged review, please see the issue, links below.
Being a horse owner and lover my whole life, reading western contemporaries comes naturally for me. Victoria Vane easily satisfies that genre for me, and it’s a pleasure to have a fellow horse lover in Uncaged, even though she’s up against deadlines, she took the time, and I’m grateful.
Thank you Vicki for the feature.
1) When did you come to the realization that you wanted to be an author?
It happened totally by fluke! I was riding up a mountain on horseback the summer of 2008 when I told a friend about this crazy story that wouldn’t get out of my head. She told me I should write it. So I did! I finished my debut novel (THE HIGHEST STAKES) 14 months later and was shocked to get an offer from two publishers six weeks after that. It was published in April of 2010 and I’ve been writing ever since- to date I’ve published two historical fictions novels as Emery Lee and over twenty romance novels and novellas as Victoria Vane.
2) Who are some of your favorite authors now, and what genres do you tend to read the most?
I have always loved the classics and still enjoy re-reading them. I also enjoy contemporary western romance but have too many favorites to list!
3) How long does it take you to write a full book? Do you write full time or part time?
A full length novel usually takes me 3-4 months. I have been writing full time for over five years.
4) Are there any books/authors that you’ve read, that have influenced you as an author?
Since I have been writing, it’s almost impossible for me to read a book without subconsciously critiquing it, so I would have to say that everything I read influences me – both positively and negatively.
5) Where is your favorite place to write? What are some of your favorite ways to relax?
I’m a very quirky writer. I can’t write on a laptop. I can’t write in public places and I have to play music while I write. Every story has its own play list. I love Pandora radio!
6) I’ve read Saddle Up, and I’ve been a horse owner most of my life, and westerns, involving horses and cowboys – are always a safe bet for me. With Saddle Up, within a few pages, I am all in. This book is not only a romance, but it also brings up the cause of the fate of the wild mustangs, and I love that you brought that into the book with this story. Is this a cause that is near and dear to you, and did you have to do a lot of research on mustangs for the book?
I am a true research geek with everything I write, but SADDLE UP is indeed near and dear to my heart as I have been a horse owner most of my life and once rescued a horse that was a failed BLM adoption. My personal experience allowed me to really dig deeply into the mustang dilemma. I hope readers will be both entertained and enlightened by the story.
7) What are you working on now and what else do you have plans for in the near future?
I had a great deal of turmoil in my personal life this past year that put me on a hiatus for a while but I am now “back in the saddle.” I have a holiday themed contemporary western releasing in October (A COWBOY’S MIDNIGHT KISS) and am presently working on two new historical romances IVAR THE RED, and THE BASTARD OF BRITTANY as part of Kathryn LeVeque’s De Wolf Pack Kindle world. After that, I will also be contributing a sexy contemporary western to Sable Hunter’s Hell Yeah Kindle world in February.
8) What would you like to say to fans, and where can they follow you?
If you enjoy smart and sexy stories, I’m your girl! I am very active on Facebook (Victoria Vane or Author Victoria Vane where I also frequently post pictures of the historical costumes that I make (and sell). I guess that’s a story for another day!
Victoria Vane is a number one best selling author of contemporary romance (SLOW HAND) and award-winning author of historical romance, whose collective works encompass wild comedic romps to emotionally compelling erotic romance. Victoria’s books have received over twenty awards and nominations to include the 2014 RONE Award for Treacherous Temptations and Library Journal Best E-Book Romance for The Devil DeVere series.